Primary role: Take care of newly-weaned piglets
- Work in Nursery barn taking care of newly-weaned piglets until they are ready to move to a Finisher barn (piglets enter Nursery barn at about 12 lbs, leave when 40-50 lbs)
- Adhere to biosecurity procedures to protect herd health (prohibits contact with other pigs; requires showering in/out of barns)
- Oversee one or multiple Nursery barns
- Ensure animal well-being and safety
- Check feed and water
- Evaluate pig health
- Administer and monitor vaccines and medications
- Pressure-wash barn
- Complete paperwork for data collection and record-keeping
- This is a hands-on, physical labor job that requires being on feet, bending and lifting
- Valid driver's license
- Dependable vehicle (must be able to have in possession throughout entire day, vehicle is needed to drive to and from different barns)
- Ability to multi-task
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills for record keeping
- Work well with others, and individually
- Be on time, dependable, honest, and have a good work ethic
- Health, dental, life and vision insurance
- Matching retirement plan
- 6-month bonus
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Overtime paid over 40 hours
- Double pay on holidays
Full-time, approx 7:00am-3:00pm Monday-Friday. Shorter hours every other weekend.
40-45 hours per week.
Prior agriculture or livestock experience is not required but is a plus.
All levels of experience may apply. No experience necessary. Entry level position, training is provided. Experienced individuals may also apply.
Reports to Wean-to-Finish Manager
Click Here to Apply