Primary role: Take care of pigs in finisher barns
- Individual is responsible for safety, care, loading and welfare of pigs
- Work in feeder-to-finish barns taking care of pigs that will grow up and be sold as markets or breeding stock
- Oversee one or multiple barns with pigs 40 lbs and up
- Ensure animal well-being and safety
- Check feed and water
- Evaluate pig health
- Administer and monitor vaccines and medications
- Assist in moving pigs in/out of barn, from or into livestock trailers
- Pressure-wash barn
- Some paperwork for data collection and record-keeping
- This is a physical labor job and requires being on feet, bending and lifting
- Valid driver's license
- Dependable vehicle (must be able to have in possession throughout entire day, vehicle is needed to drive to and from different barns)
- Health, dental, life and vision insurance
- Matching retirement plan
- 6-month bonus
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation
- Overtime paid over 40 hours
- Double pay on holidays
Full-time, 40-50 hours per week.
All levels of experience can apply. Entry-level to experienced, training is provided.
Prior agriculture or livestock experience not required, but is beneficial.
Reports to Wean-to-Finish Manager.
Click Here to Apply