Primary role: Load pigs in/out of barn and assist Contract Growers
- Responsible for safety, care, loading and welfare of pigs
- Load pigs of various sizes onto/off of livestock trailer into/out of barns
- Oversee multiple hog barns with pigs of various sizes
- Assist Contract Partners / Contract Growers with care of pigs at wean-to-finish and feeder-to-finish sites
- Communicate with Contract Partners regarding their pig barn, record-keeping, animal health and safety
- Adhere to biosecurity procedures to protect herd health (prohibits contact with other pigs; requires showering in/out of barns)
- Check feed and water
- Evaluate pig health
- Administer and monitor vaccines and medications
- Some paperwork for data collection and record-keeping
- Light maintenance
- This is a physical labor job and requires being on feet, bending and lifting
- Valid driver's license
- Dependable vehicle (must be able to have in possession throughout entire day, vehicle is needed to drive to and from different barns)
- Ability to multi-task
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills for record keeping
- Work well with others and individually
- Be on time, dependable, honest, and have a good work ethic
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Matching retirement plan
- 6-month bonus
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation
- Overtime paid over 40 hours
- Double pay on holidays
Full-time, 40-50 hours per week.
Monday-Friday 7am-3pm. Shorter hours every other weekend.
All levels of experience can apply. Entry-level to experienced, training is provided.
Prior agriculture or livestock experience not required, but is beneficial.
Reports to Wean-to-Finish Manager.