Ideal opportunity for someone who wants to work closely with pigs.
Primary role: Take care of sows and piglets
- Work in sow barn taking care of sows and piglets
- Complete a variety of tasks within farrow and wean, and/or breeding department
- Farrow/Wean area: feeding sows, help with birthing, process piglets, give vaccinations, care for sows and newborn piglets, basic record keeping, general cleaning, wean piglets from mother
- Breed area: move sows from one part of barn to another, heat check, artificial insemination of sows, monitoring sow pregnancy status, general care of sows, basic record keeping, general cleaning
- Ensure animal well-being and safety
- Daily monitoring and evaluation of pig health, check feed and water
- Follow biosecurity rules and regulations to protect herd health (prohibits contact with other pigs; requires showering in/out of barn)
- Use a power washer to maintain a clean and sanitary environment
- Complete paperwork for data collection and record keeping
- Hands on, physical labor job
- Health, dental, life and vision insurance
- Matching retirement plan
- 6-month bonus
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Overtime paid over 40 hours
- Double pay on holidays
Full-time, approx 8:00am-4:00pm in winter, 7:00am-3:00pm in summer.
6 days per week, shorter hours on Saturday and Sunday, every other weekend off.
Prior agriculture or livestock experience is not required but is a plus.
All levels of experience may apply. No experience necessary. Entry level position, training is provided. Experienced individuals can apply also.
Starts at $12.00/hr
Reports to Sow Unit Manager.
Click Here to Apply Now